Predicting Essential Genes in Fungal Genomes
By Michael Seringhaus†, Alberto Paccanaro†, Anthony Borneman, Michael Snyder and Mark Gerstein*
* To whom correspondence should be addressed: firstname.lastname@example.org
† These authors contributed equally to this work.
Supplementary Data Website "PredESS"
Main URL: http://www.gersteinlab.org/proj/predess/
Gerstein Group Homepage: http://www.gersteinlab.org/
Contents of this Website:
1. Supplementary Figures
2. Training the Machine Learning Classifier (S.cerevisiae)
3. Predicting Essential Genes (S.mikatae)
4. Supplementary Prediction Sets (S.pombe, S.bayanus)
5. Control: Randomization of 'ESSENTIAL' Label
As a control experiment, the 'essential' label was randomized among S.cerevisiae genes and our classifier was re-trained on this mock 'RANDOM-ESS' data.
This classifier was then applied to S.mikatae to predict 'essential' genes. These results are here:
This Website © 2006 Gerstein Lab. HTML by Michael Seringhaus.